behold, it is i, the evil social justice warrior, here to ruin your fun by pointing out that you’re being kind of an asshole
“But don’t let your illness stop you!!!1!1!!”
I’m not “letting” my illness stop me it just plain IS stopping me it’s an ILLNESS it makes me ILL that’s what it DOES.
Everyone needs to read this.
Seriously. People seriously do not fucking understand the concept of “SICK AND WILL NOT GET BETTER,” or “NO, ACTUALLY, THERE’S SHIT I CAN’T FUCKING DO.”
[dude voice]but its not sexualizing its empowering!!! it teaches girls that they dont have to be ashamed of their bodies! their hot sexy bodies
*recklessly ignores my glaring mental health issues until they either go away or blow up in my face*
small collection of trans education resources for cis allies who are interested
- what does “cisgender” mean?
- what does “transgender” mean?
- what does “genderqueer” mean?
- what does “non-binary” mean?
- in-depth interview with a non-binary genderqueer person about their identity
- what does “intersex” mean?
- but how does the psychology community feel about trans people?
- why is it hard for trans people to access medical care?
- other various terms, and some more
nonbinary people who are okay with gendered pronouns/names are still nonbinary and if a nonbinary person tells you they’re okay with gendered pronouns then it’s really not your place to say that their gender identity is less valid because of that, even if you yourself are nonbinary. Gender is different for everyone and there’s no “valid way” to be a certain gender the only validation you need is your own.